Forest of Dreams



I headed into the forest as the sun was falling out of the sky, its rays piercing under the canopy onto the forest floor carpeted with ferns. Wading through the undergrowth brought back childhood memories of chasing friends and playing soldiers in the wilds of Wales. Sometimes we would imagine we were on speeders on Endor from Return of the Jedi. Other times we would make up scary stories of a spirit living in the forest that wanted to catch us and turn us into trees. Now as a photographer when I go out, my mind is more attuned to discovering real beauty rather than the imaginary – until I get home and sit in front of a computer. Then somehow the reality just isn’t quite as appealing as wandering around a naturally beautiful place. Of course there’s nothing wrong with indulging in a little fantasy from time to time. Maybe I’ll write some fictional tales to go with my images. Until the next trip… Join me on: Google+ Facebook My blog http://ift.tt/1hHlg3N

Popular Posts